Friday, June 22, 2012

Fujifilm X-S1 at the Jazz Lawn Party




 There aren't many events where you just know you have to switch your film simulation mode to Sepia - but when I headed out to the Jazz Lawn Party on Governors Island - I knew that as I was transported back in time I could get away with the sepia look.  Certainly just a few snaps are enough - but when this guy with a machine gun turned towards me I knew I had a winning shot.

All the images here were made with the Fujifilm X-S1 which is a long zoom camera.  The range is 24mm-624mm.  Most of the party shots were at the wider zone - but later in the day when I walked past the WTC I tried the long zoom handheld at 24mm and 624mm on the crane.

I must say it was much nicer than carrying a heavy DSLR with lenses.  The key for the day was also using the EF-20 flash for daylight fill.  I encourage you to check out their next Jazz event in August.







 The legendary and quirky Bill Cunnigham of The New York Times.  His blue jacket was looking particularly iridescent that day!





Why the downturn mouth??
























That's sorta how I felt after a long day too!

1 comment:

  1. What a great series of photos! Looks like you (& everyone else) had a FAB day :)

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.