Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekly Email 12-10-10

As I walked up Sixth Avenue I noticed a police officer in full battle gear standing on the corner.  At first like anyone I was like wow what happened - but he was just standing there so I had to get a photo.  Of course I was not about to engage him and ask since his look wasn't a chatty one.  So I just walked by then walked back and snapped one from the side and not to sneak up on him snapped another and said hi - hope things are well.  He looked and that was it. 
Certainly I don't know if you've had the experience of seeing the police in full battle gear but it's a unique feeling.  The machine gun is quite noticeable from a distance and they are covered in other intimidating gear as well.  This is what our safety looks like on the streets.   I can't imagine what would have to happen to be able to use the machine gun in NYC and I certainly don't want to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.